HSQE Manager Rolling Stock
CAF is one of the international market leaders in the design, manufacture and maintenance of modern rolling stock. In the Netherlands CAF is manufacturing the 49 new Uithoflijn trams for the Provence of Utrecht, designing the 63 new trams for the city of Amsterdam and producing 118 new Sprinters for the NS. In Belgium CAF is manufacturing 43 new metro units, expected to be delivered in 2019, that are part of a project to modernize the Brussels metro. For the city of Luxembourg CAF is manufacturing 21 high-capacity trams of which each vehicle will accommodate up to 450 passengers. The first batch of trams is expected to be delivered towards the end of this year.
CAF is a Spanish company with approximately 8000 employees worldwide who work on about 80 projects spread out over 33 countries. CAF has recently started their operations in the Benelux.
For our brand new international team we are looking for a HSQE Manager who will be involved in implementing the Health and Safety, Environment and Quality policies for CAF’s 5 new projects in the Benelux. In order to ensure a safe and secure business process you will make sure that the company´s operations are in full compliance with local legislation and CAF’s existing policies and procedures. You will liaise with the Rail Services and Rolling Stock departments and each depot manager to implement and review the various procedures. The HSQE Manager reports directly to the Central European Projects Manager and the International HSQE Manager and indirectly to each warranty or testing Project Manager in the 3 countries. The startdate is as soon as possible.
As HSQE Manager at CAF you will:
- Develop procedures for health and safety based on ISO 18001 to guarantee personnel welfare, safety of products, safeguarding installations and surroundings as well as alert- and crisis management systems.
- Develop risk inventory instruments, perform and assay the risk inventory assessment in line with local law and legislation.
- Be responsible for undertaking hazard studies on industrial sites and overseeing the development of technological risk prevention plans.
- Train and guide staff on new working methods, procedures and instructions.
- Responsible for the accomplishment of all legal requirements related to H&S.
- Face H&S inspections.
- Regularly visit the various depots in the 3 countries to review if the H&S procedures meet the current & future operational requirements.
- Deals with accident investigation and reporting should any accident occur.
- Has a bachelor degree in Engineering.
- Has a minimum of 3 years experience within a similar role in a technical environment, preferably in the Railway, Maritime, Automotive or Aviation Industry.
- Is experienced with OHSAS 18001.
- Is fluent in Dutch, French and English, both verbal and written.
- Is able to communicate in a multi-national and culturally diverse organization.
- Is experienced in successfully implementing HSQE policies.
- Is a highly organized self-starter with the ability to prioritise his or her own workload.
- Has a thorough knowledge of quality management systems and laws and regulations laws on Health and Safety within Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- Is IT literate.
- Is persistent, critical, analytical and stress resistant.
Working for CAF is working in an international and dynamic environment. We only recently started in the Benelux and are busy expanding our small yet enthusiastic team. The Dutch office is conveniently located in Utrecht and only a short walk from Utrecht Central Station.
CAF offers competitive salary with 27 holidays and 13 roster free days per year based on a 40 hour work week. Spending some time at the factory in Beasain (Spain) will be part of the training process. An extra per diem will be provided for the days working abroad.